exhibitors

Registrations for the 2016 show are now closed. 

Collectors, enthusiasts,

restorers, tinkerers, connoisseurs

and good ol' car fanatics…

During 1903, the Automobile Association (AA) established its first NZ clubs in Auckland and Canterbury, followed by Nelson, Otago and Wellington two years later. 1905 saw Canterbury AA organise the first full-scale car race, the Great Automobile Gymkhana at Addington trotting grounds – 30 cars participated watched by 800 spectators. Made up of collectors, enthusisasts, restorers, 

tinkerers, connoisseurs and car fanatics – car clubs proliferated after WWII and by 1947 the Association of New Zealand Car Clubs (ANZCC) was founded.

Show More
Morris Enthusiasts Car Club of NZ

WRM Motors Ltd began in 1912 when bicycle manufacturer William Morris moved on from the sale, hire, and repair of cars to car manufacturing. He planned a new light car assembled from bought-in components. In this way he was able to retain ownership by keeping within the bounds of his own capital resources. A factory was opened in 1913 at former Oxford Military College at Cowley, Oxford, United Kingdom where Morris's first car, the 2-seat Morris Oxford "Bullnose" was assembled. www.meccnz.org.nz

Go to link